BRIC is a leading arts and media institution anchored in Downtown Brooklyn whose work spans contemporary visual and performing arts, media, and civic action. For over forty years, BRIC has shaped Brooklyn’s cultural and media landscape by presenting and incubating artists, creators, students, and media makers. As a creative catalyst for their community. BRIC ignites learning in people of all ages and centralizes diverse voices that take risks and drive culture forward. BRIC is building Brooklyn’s creative future.
About the Associate Production Manager for Theatre and Media Role:
Reporting to the Director of Production, the Associate Production Manager for Theatre and Media, will oversee the production of a wide range of culturally diverse music, dance, theater, multimedia, interdisciplinary, virtual and broadcast television events at BRIC Arts | Media | House. The Associate PM helps to ensure high safety standards, high-quality production values, and excellent artist/audience experiences.
What You’ll Do in the Role:
The Associate Production Manager will be responsible for the following in addition to any other project as assigned by their manager, the Director of Production:
Theatre Management & Safety
- Ensuring proper use of all BRIC equipment and facilities.
- Monitoring and creating an exemplify safe work space and set of standard operating procedures.
- Managing concert and theatrical production, entertainment technology including the latest developments in lighting and design, sound reinforcement and recording, video sources and projection, rigging, and carpentry.
- Serving as a stand-in Stage Manager, Lighting or Sound Operator, or utility Technician as needed.
- Assisting in the management and maintenance of performance venues, equipment, and support spaces.
- Assisting with production set-up and restore for rehearsals and performance.
Artist & Crew Engagement
- Performing and overseeing a variety of crew tasks as required.
- Vetting new applicants.
- Constructing scenery, installing lighting, rigging audio equipment.
- Installing video recording equipment.
- Maintaining equipment.
- Building-out infrastructure.
- Managing processes and coordinating with BRIC staff, artists, visiting technical staff, and rental clients to ensure stated objectives are achieved.
People & Process Management
- Supervising and managing the selection and evaluation processes related to part time staff, to include consultants or vendors.
- Collaborating with managers in other departments to coordinate work activities, communicate status and troubleshoot, as necessary.
- Working with the Production staff to develop production schedules and implementation plans for each event.
- Working with the Director of Production to Identify issues with work systems and procedures that may affect achievement of goals and, relying on professional training and experience, propose appropriate solutions.
- Reviewing technical specifications and devise plans on how to achieve the stated goals of each production.
- Maintaining venue support paperwork including production guideline documents, technical specifications.
- Developing rental equipment lists as necessary for productions.
- Performing IT systems maintenance including ETC and Dante networks.
- Operating digital presentation platforms including Zoom, vMix, Hopin, OBS, WebCheckout.
You’ll Bring these Skills and Strengths to the Role:
- Mission & Values Alignment: A passion for BRIC’s support of the arts in Brooklyn and a deep commitment to building community, igniting learning and making change through the arts and creativity.
- Safety Focus. Hold several safety certifications to include a fire guard certifications, CPR certification, as well as deep familiarity with safety standards for local, state, OSHA, and other federal guidelines
- Technical Acumen. Business and technical software proficiency with tools like Google Suite, MS Office Suite, Vectorworks, Litewright.Computer networking experience with platforms like ETC Net, Dante Network, as well as the ability to support in the writing of complex Google application scripts.
- Communication & Relationship Building: An emotionally intelligent, values- and results-driven leader who can inspire staff and collaborate across departments and at all levels of the organization, and provides feedback to support the achievement of goals. Highly skilled communicator and relationship builder, both individually and in large audience or public communications.
- Commitment to Equity & Inclusion: Brings experience operationalizing equity within the production function.
Other Things to Know:
- Status and location: This is a full-time, non-exempt role based in our Brooklyn office.
- Benefits: BRIC has a comprehensive benefits package, including: paid time off, 403B retirement plan, gym membership discounts, pre-tax transit cards, medical flexible spending plans and more. The best part - BRIC currently pays 100% the premium for employee medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Mission & Values: BRIC is committed to building Brooklyn's creative future. We advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We present bold work that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We ignite learning in people of all ages. We unite Brooklyn through art and creativity to build community and make change.
BRIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot be used as a basis for an employment decision.