BRIC is a leading arts and media institution anchored in Downtown Brooklyn whose work spans contemporary visual and performing arts, media, and civic action. For over forty years, BRIC has shaped Brooklyn’s cultural and media landscape by presenting and incubating artists, creators, students, and media makers. As a creative catalyst for their community, BRIC ignites learning in people of all ages and centralizes diverse voices that take risks and drive culture forward. BRIC is building Brooklyn’s creative future.
The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival is NYC’s longest-running, free performance festival, and a beloved summer tradition featuring approximately 30 varied performances and attracting upwards of 200,000 people each summer to the Prospect Park Bandshell.
About the Artist Services Intern Role:
BRIC seeks an Artist Services Intern to support the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival team by ensuring each artist has a superb experience working with BRIC and assisting with various aspects of concert production and artist relations. The Artist Services Intern will be an organized self-starter who is excited and passionate about music and the arts, as they will gain first-hand live event experience at one of New York’s premiere summer music festivals. This intern will see the administrative process before, during, and after the festival, and be closely involved in every show. Through this experience the intern will gain valuable skills related to talent management, contract administration, and event production.
- Participate in multiple aspects of performing arts administration
- Learn how to create artist profiles and build shows in the industry’s leading Festival Management software, Marcato
- Learn how to process, organize, and track artist contracts & payments
- Participate in weekly Performing Arts team meetings
- Learn how to interface with other departments to complete longer-term projects/tasks
- Gain first-hand event experience, both front of house and backstage as an artist liaison
- Assist in the development of relationships with artists and provide additional support for rehearsals, performances, and performing arts operations to ensure high-quality artist/audience experience and production values
- Play a key role in managing VIP guest entry and experience at festival
- Learn about objectives and goals in a multidisciplinary Brooklyn-based arts organization, and one of the most well-established summer festivals in New York.
What You’ll Do in the Role:
The Artist Services Intern will gain experience by assisting and coordinating in the following areas as well as any other project assigned by their manager, the Producer:
- Coordinate (pre-shows) and Manage (on-site) Artist and VIP Guest Lists
- Assist with operational schedules and planning
- Build artist profiles and production schedules in Marcato
- Assist with artist social media tracking
- Assist with artist contract tracking and follow-up
- Assist with artist payments & fees
- Assist with artist arrivals (load-in) and departures (load-out)
- Assist with pre-season on-site staff training
- Assist Artist Services Coordinator in arranging artist hotel and ground transportation
You’ll Bring these Skills and Strengths to the Role:
- Mission & Values Alignment: A passion for BRIC’s support of the arts in Brooklyn and a deep commitment to building community, igniting learning and making change through the arts and creativity.
- Commitment to Equity & Inclusion: Desire to operationalize equity within the Artist Services Intern function.
- Bachelors, Masters, or currently pursuing degree in related field
- Self-directed and proactive, self-starter and a problem solver
- Highly organized with sharp attention to detail
- Outgoing and friendly with strong interpersonal and verbal skills
- Enthusiasm for engaging with the public onsite, both with utmost professionalism
- Knowledge and keen interest in music and the performing arts is desirable
- Computer literate
Other Things to Know:
- Schedule & Location: Part-time, May through October 2021 (somewhat flexible), BRIC House and on-site at the Prospect Park Bandshell
- Academic Credit and or Food/Transportation allowance: Academic Credit may be arranged. Onsite dinner during events and transportation benefit provided.
- Mission & Values: BRIC is committed to building Brooklyn's creative future. We advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We present bold work that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We ignite learning in people of all ages. We unite Brooklyn through art and creativity to build community and make change.
BRIC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot be used as a basis for an employment decision.