BRIC is a leading arts and media institution anchored in Downtown Brooklyn whose work spans contemporary visual and performing arts, media, and civic action. For over forty years, BRIC has shaped Brooklyn’s cultural and media landscape by presenting and incubating artists, creators, students, and media makers. As a creative catalyst for their community. BRIC ignites learning in people of all ages and centralizes diverse voices that take risks and drive culture forward. BRIC is building Brooklyn’s creative future.
BRIC’s performing arts programs present emerging and established artists in music, dance, theater and multidisciplinary performance to broad audiences from Brooklyn and throughout New York City, and support the development of new work. Signature programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, which presents 25 or more free performances each summer at the Prospect Park Bandshell; BRIClab, a commissioning and residency program; and BRIC JazzFest, an annual week-long jazz marathon throughout BRIC House.
About the Artist Services and Contracts Coordinator Role:
BRIC seeks a full-time seasonal Coordinator to work with the Performing Arts team to provide administrative and operational support during our peak season of performances, which includes the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, BRIC JazzFest, and the Kick-off of our BRIClab residency program. The Coordinator will manage all artist contract administration and assist with all rehearsals, performances, and performing arts operations to ensure high-quality artist/audience experience and production values. Responsibilities include:
What You’ll Do in the Role:
The Artist Services and Contracts Coordinator will be responsible for the following in addition to any other project as assigned by their manager, Producer, Performing Arts:
- Manage high-volume artist contract administration including mark-ups, processing signatures, working with several agencies and the Producer & Director of Performing Arts.
- Process and track artist payments & expenses.
- Work directly with artist teams to fulfill contract terms, including managing travel, accommodations, transportation, hospitality, and payment terms.
- Collect artist marketing assets and distribute to internal teams, processing marketing requests and initiatives as needed.
- Track artist social media & promotion terms.
- Coordinate with marketing team to collect, edit and print program copy for BRIC House performances
- Assist producers in building and maintaining relevant show documents
- Assist in coordinating BRIClab ancillary events.
- Manage guest lists for artists and other guests, both pre-show and on site.
- Manage day-of performance and residency logistics as assigned, including dressing room assignments, hospitality, parking, & guest list requests, coordinating with producing and production staff.
- Ensure a smooth artist/audience engagement
- Assist with event recap materials by creating briefs, sourcing data and photos as assigned.
- Work on special projects as needed.
You’ll Bring these Skills and Strengths to the Role:
- Mission & Values Alignment: A passion for BRIC’s support of the arts in Brooklyn and a deep commitment to building community, igniting learning and making change through the arts and creativity.
- Commitment to Equity & Inclusion: Desire to operationalizing equity within the Artist Services and Contracts Coordinator function
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ experience in performing arts and some experience with artist contract administration. Degrees in the arts or communication a plus.
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite & Google Docs required. Experience with ticketing software a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work with several different stakeholders with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to work as a team member and/or work independently and take initiative as appropriate.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Interest and availability to work a flexible schedule (i.e. nights and/or weekends) as needed
- Strong desire to build knowledge of arts administration and producing
- An interest in music, dance, theater, and multi-disciplinary performance
Other Things to Know:
- Status and location: This is a full-time, non-exempt seasonal role based in Brooklyn, at the Prospect Park Bandshell, at our Brooklyn offices in Fort Greene and/or remote.
- Benefits: BRIC has a comprehensive benefits package, including: paid time off, 403B retirement plan, gym membership discounts, pre-tax transit cards, medical flexible spending plans and more. The best part - BRIC currently pays 100% the premium for employee medical, dental and vision coverage starting 3 months from your hire date.
- Mission & Values: BRIC is committed to building Brooklyn's creative future. We advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We present bold work that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We ignite learning in people of all ages. We unite Brooklyn through art and creativity to build community and make change.
- Time Commitment: June 15 - Nov. 15. Must be available all Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings between July 31 - Sept 18. Additional evenings will be required and dates will be submitted in advance.
BRIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot be used as a basis for an employment decision.