BRIC is a leading arts and media institution anchored in Downtown Brooklyn whose work spans contemporary visual and performing arts, media, and civic action. For over forty years, BRIC has shaped Brooklyn’s cultural and media landscape by presenting and incubating artists, creators, students, and media makers. As a creative catalyst for their community. BRIC ignites learning in people of all ages and centralizes diverse voices that take risks and drive culture forward. BRIC is building Brooklyn’s creative future.
About the Social Media Producer:
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the Social Media Producer will help grow BRIC’s audiences through smart and engaging social content. The producer must have a passion for storytelling, representation, and social justice. As the primary lead working with both written and visual content, you may film video, edit video or edit photographs or images that are being used in posts.
What You’ll Do in the Role:
The Producer will be responsible for the following in addition to any other project as assigned by their manager:
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager to conceive of and implement a social strategy across all platforms and accounts that will increase engagement and grow audiences
- Proactively collaborate with producers on ways to drive traffic to key initiatives and events
- Engage with audiences as appropriate on social channels to make sure they feel a strong connection to the brand.
- Refine BRIC’s voice across all social platforms
- Analyze and track data and trends for insight into ways to improve referral, engagement and social follower growth
- Create platform-specific content that supports the organization’s mission
- Creatively use and leverage evergreen content from the archives and insert BRIC into critical conversations at the local and national level
- Write and edit compelling headlines to drive clickthrough and engagement
- Populate social news accounts on a 24/7 schedule
You’ll Bring these Skills and Strengths to the Role:
The ideal candidate will have the following professional skills, qualities, and competencies:
- Mission & values alignment: A passion for BRIC’s support of the arts in Brooklyn and a deep commitment to building community, igniting learning and making change through the arts and creativity.
- Data-driven. Data-driven thinking and comfortable with setting up and leveraging common web analytics tools, including Google Analytics.
- Detail oriented. Demonstrates love for writing, and possesses a strong passion for the power of words. Exhibits exemplary grammar, proofreading, copy editing and communication skills while being attentive to accuracy.
- A+ multitasker. Organized and deadline-driven and adept at managing multiple competing priorities.
- Systems orientation. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, InDesign, After Effects, Photoshop and other editing software with an interest and ability to quickly learn basic content management systems
- Social media storyteller. Demonstrates an intuitive sense of how to join an emerging conversation on social media in an authentic way because of your professional experience driving a social strategy with multiple social accounts. A maker of memes, lover of gifs. Exhibits a deep knowledge and understanding of how to use all mainstream social media platforms and an eye for emerging ones that could benefit the organization and the artists and media makers it supports.
Other Things to Know:
- Status and location: This is a full-time, exempt role based in our Brooklyn office.
- Benefits: BRIC has a comprehensive benefits package, including: paid time off, 403B retirement plan, gym membership discounts, pre-tax transit cards, medical flexible spending plans and more. The best part - BRIC currently pays 100% the premium for employee medical, dental and vision coverage starting 3 months from your hire date.
- Mission & Values: BRIC is committed to building Brooklyn's creative future. We advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We present bold work that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We ignite learning in people of all ages. We unite Brooklyn through art and creativity to build community and make change.