BRIC is a leading arts and media institution anchored in Downtown Brooklyn whose work spans contemporary visual and performing arts, media, and civic action. For over forty years, BRIC has shaped Brooklyn’s cultural and media landscape by presenting and incubating artists, creators, students, and media makers. As a creative catalyst for their community. BRIC ignites learning in people of all ages and centralizes diverse voices that take risks and drive culture forward. BRIC is building Brooklyn’s creative future.
About the Social Media Producer:
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for creating, executing and managing marketing strategies to raise brand awareness, drive audience, and revenue growth across BRIC’s initiatives: performing arts showcases and series, contemporary art exhibitions, TV shows, podcasts, Public Access channels, membership, publishing, brand partnership and merchandise programs, among others.
What You’ll Do in the Role:
The Manager will be responsible for the following in addition to any other project as assigned by their manager, the Director of Marketing:
Analytics & Performance Management
- Manage cross-departmental digital marketing programs and communications ensuring key stakeholders are up-to-day, timelines are met and KPIs are reached
- Build, monitor, analyze and optimize campaign performance across social, email, video and all O&O channels with a focus on revenue growth, audience engagement, audience growth and consistency of voice
Online Marketing Campaigns
- Deep understanding of social media, digital platforms, and emerging tech/video platforms
- Manage weekly email newsletter campaigns with an eye on driving audience growth in addition to open and click through rates
- Regularly engage new and existing influencers to expand audience reach and drive relevance
Cross Team Collaboration
- Partner with Design team to create on-brand graphics and promotions
- Collaborate with Sponsorship team in the conception and execution of partnership/sponsorship campaigns including creating timelines, digital content and client communications
- Manage Marketing interns when needed, delegating departmental tasks and quality checking work
Brand Management & Strategy Support
- Ensure brand consistency across platforms, and develop strategies to strengthen brand attribution across the landscape.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing to design, execute and track strategic and creative marketing plans that support organizational goals across all BRIC initiatives
- Proactively track and identify brand-building ideas, providing new avenues of visibility and reach with a focus on driving audience and revenue growth
Social Media Management
- Plan and curate the social media calendar as well as create/deploy posts to sustain community growth, highlight diverse stories, increase follower engagement, drive membership sign ups and increase ticket sales
You’ll Bring these Skills and Strengths to the Role:
The ideal candidate will have the following professional skills, qualities, and competencies:
- Mission & values alignment: A passion for BRIC’s support of the arts in Brooklyn and a deep commitment to building community, igniting learning and making change through the arts and creativity.
- Data-driven. Data-driven thinking and comfortable with setting up and leveraging marketing analytics and insights tools (Google Analytics, Google AdSense, Mailchimp, AdWordsSocial Studio, Facebook Insights), and other marketing/ communication platforms such as Mailchimp, Salesforce, etc.
- Detail oriented. Demonstrates love for writing, and possesses a strong passion for the power of words. Exhibits exemplary grammar, proofreading, editing and communication skills while being attentive to accuracy.
- A+ multitasker. You are organized and deadline-driven and adept at managing multiple competing priorities.
- Design systems orientation. You love using Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, InDesign, After Effects, Photoshop and other editing software.
Other Things to Know:
- Status and location: This is a full-time, exempt role based in our Brooklyn office.
- Benefits: BRIC has a comprehensive benefits package, including: paid time off, 403B retirement plan, gym membership discounts, pre-tax transit cards, medical flexible spending plans and more. The best part - BRIC currently pays 100% the premium for employee medical, dental and vision coverage starting 3 months from your hire date.
- Mission & Values: BRIC is committed to building Brooklyn's creative future. We advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We present bold work that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We ignite learning in people of all ages. We unite Brooklyn through art and creativity to build community and make change.