BRIC is a leading arts and media institution anchored in Downtown Brooklyn whose work spans contemporary visual and performing arts, media, and civic action. For over forty years, BRIC has shaped Brooklyn’s cultural and media landscape by presenting and incubating artists, creators, students, and media makers. As a creative catalyst for their community, BRIC ignites learning in people of all ages and centralizes diverse voices that take risks and drive culture forward. BRIC is building Brooklyn’s creative future.
The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival is NYC’s longest-running, free performance festival, and a beloved summer tradition featuring approximately 30 varied performances and attracting upwards of 200,000 people each summer to the Prospect Park Bandshell.
About the Green Team Role:
BRIC seeks Green Team members whose primary responsibilities include daily clean-up of all site and restroom facilities for the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival.
What You’ll Do in the Role:
The Green Team will be responsible for the following in addition to any other project as assigned by their managers, the Site Coordinator and Green Team Lead:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure site is clean throughout and ready for venue opening each day
- Ensure all trash cans are emptied, properly placed, bagged, and ready for venue opening each day
- Ensure all public restrooms and portable toilets are clean, stocked, and ready for heavy daily use
- Pick-up, sort, and bag trash and recycling throughout show taking care to use three separate bags for 1) plastic bottles/cups, 2) aluminum, and 3) remaining trash
- Continue cleaning in and around site sorting as above and leaving site clean for the next day
- Load recycling and garbage trucks
- Communicate with Site Coordinator and Green Team Leader about needed site repairs and/or other site issues
- Work in a safe, efficient, and professional manner
You’ll Bring these Skills and Strengths to the Role:
- Mission & Values Alignment: A passion for BRIC’s support of the arts in Brooklyn and a deep commitment to building community, igniting learning and making change through the arts and creativity.
- Commitment to Equity & Inclusion: Desire to operationalizing equity within the Green Team function
- The ideal candidate has good interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, and is able to work steadily and in inclement weather. A minimum of two years of previous experience as a Maintenance/Janitorial Worker for a venue, school, or other large capacity facility is preferred. Bilingual a plus.
Other Things to Know:
- Status and location: This is a part-time, non-exempt role based at the Prospect Park Bandshell. July - Mid September.
- Mission & Values: BRIC is committed to building Brooklyn's creative future. We advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We present bold work that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We ignite learning in people of all ages. We unite Brooklyn through art and creativity to build community and make change.
BRIC is an Equal Opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot be used as a basis for an employment decision.