BRIC is a leading arts and media institution anchored in Downtown Brooklyn whose work spans contemporary visual and performing arts, media, and civic action. For over forty years, BRIC has shaped Brooklyn’s cultural and media landscape by presenting and incubating artists, creators, students, and media makers. As a creative catalyst for their community, BRIC ignites learning in people of all ages and centralizes diverse voices that take risks and drive culture forward. BRIC is building Brooklyn’s creative future.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our staff and their families, our artists, performers and media makers, our partners, our patrons, and the communities we serve. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law.
About the Senior Finance Manager Role:
BRIC seeks a full-charge bookkeeper who will work with the Chief Financial Officer to manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, and support in the management of payroll. The Senior Finance Manager will also assist the Chief Financial Officer in preparation of budgets, financial reports and audit materials.
What You’ll Do in the Role:
The Senior Finance Manager will be responsible for the following in addition to any other project as assigned by their manager, the Chief Financial Officer:
- Receive checks, prepare bank deposits and make appropriate and timely general ledger entries.
- Prepare invoices; maintain up-to-date funder and payor information.
- Assist in tracking and reporting on receivables.
General Ledger/Financial Report/Other
- Ensure prompt and accurate month-end and year-end close processes (familiarity with Sage is preferable)
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Enter monthly investment account information.
- Reconcile interoffice accounts.
- Assist in preparing timely financial reports.
- Maintain & track petty cash accounts.
- Assist the Finance Manager with preparation of 1099 & 1042 forms for consultants.
- Prepare end-of-year schedules for auditors and assist in liaison with auditors.
- Record payroll accurately and timely in the general ledger.
- Assist with payroll and new hire entry as needed.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders as it pertains to job functions.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer in determining the effect of potential decisions on financial policy.
You’ll Bring these Skills and Strengths to the Role:
- Mission & Values Alignment: A passion for BRIC’s support of the arts in Brooklyn and a deep commitment to building community, igniting learning and making change through the arts and creativity.
- Commitment to Equity & Inclusion: Desire to operationalize equity within the finance function.
- Education and Experience: A degree in a related field with a minimum of 5 years financial experience preferred.
- Technical Acumen: Fluency in Excel, payroll and accounting software required. Experience with Sage Intacct and ADP preferred.
Other Things to Know:
- Compensation: The annual salary range for this position is $75,000-$80,000.
- Status and location: This is a full time, exempt role based in our Brooklyn office with standard hours being 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
- Benefits: BRIC has a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, 403B retirement plan, gym membership discounts, pre-tax transit cards, medical flexible spending plans and more. The best part - BRIC currently pays 100% of the premium for employee medical, dental and vision coverage starting on the first of the month, 60 days from your hire date.
- Mission & Values: BRIC is committed to building Brooklyn's creative future. We advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We present bold work that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We ignite learning in people of all ages. We unite Brooklyn through art and creativity to build community and make change.
BRIC is an Equal Opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot be used as a basis for an employment decision.