BRIC is a leading arts and media institution anchored in Downtown Brooklyn whose work spans contemporary visual and performing arts, media, and civic action. For over forty years, BRIC has shaped Brooklyn’s cultural and media landscape by presenting and incubating artists, creators, students, and media makers. As a creative catalyst for their community, BRIC ignites learning in people of all ages and centralizes diverse voices that take risks and drive culture forward. BRIC is building Brooklyn’s creative future.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our staff and their families, our artists, performers and media makers, our partners, our patrons, and the communities we serve. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law.
About the Master Control Operator (Part-time) Role:
BRIC seeks a Master Control Operator (Part-time) to monitor playout of content on BRIC’s multi-channel cable television and streaming distribution network.
What You’ll Do in the Role:
The Master Control Operator (Part-time) will be responsible for the following in addition to any other project as assigned by their manager, the Manager, Technical Services:
- Monitor and assure play-out and recording operations across multiple channels including audio and video, signal quality for cablecasting and streaming media.
- Execute operations in Master Control as directed by their supervisor including primary, backup, and recovery procedures as required.
- Manage schedules, assets, and file workflows within the facility automation system.
- Maintain appropriate communications with distribution partners, internal support staff, and internal content management staff.
- Coordinate local live and remote production operations.
- Support community producer studio operations.
- Communicate as needed with live show community producers.
You’ll Bring these Skills and Strengths to the Role:
- Mission & Values Alignment: A passion for BRIC’s support of the arts in Brooklyn and a deep commitment to building community, igniting learning and making change through the arts and creativity.
- Technical Experience & Qualifications:
- 3 years in a video master control environment with a broadcast or cable system program automation system.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS including GUI navigation and file system management, and MS Office applications.
- Demonstrable knowledge of television studio operations and production processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of standard HD test equipment for video and audio signal analysis
- Ability to work under pressure with demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- High school diploma
- Knowledge of Crispin Automation a plus
- Communication & Relationship Building: An emotionally intelligent, values- and results-driven team player who can collaborate across departments and at all levels of the organization. A highly skilled communicator and relationship builder.
- Commitment to Equity & Inclusion: Brings experience operationalizing equity within this role.
Other Things to Know:
- Compensation: This is a NABET union position with an hourly rate of $15/hour.
- Status and location: This is a part-time position, primarily weekends and holidays, day and evening until 1am. Occasional weekday work may be required. This role is based in our Brooklyn office.
- Mission & Values: BRIC is committed to building Brooklyn's creative future. We advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We present bold work that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We ignite learning in people of all ages. We unite Brooklyn through art and creativity to build community and make change.
BRIC is an Equal Opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot be used as a basis for an employment decision.