BRIC is a leading arts and media institution anchored in Downtown Brooklyn whose work spans contemporary visual and performing arts, media, and civic action. For over forty years, BRIC has shaped Brooklyn’s cultural and media landscape by presenting and incubating artists, creators, students, and media makers. As a creative catalyst for their community, BRIC ignites learning in people of all ages and centralizes diverse voices that take risks and drive culture forward. BRIC is building Brooklyn’s creative future.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our staff and their families, our artists, performers and media makers, our partners, our patrons, and the communities we serve. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law.
About the Marketing Manager Role:
BRIC seeks a Marketing Manager who will report to the Director of Communications and Marketing, and oversee the development and execution of comprehensive marketing plans for BRIC’s programming, as well as the organization’s institutional branding. This role is responsible for day-to-day management of BRIC’s marketing needs and will work in partnership with the Director to strategize around long-term planning and strategic marketing.
The Manager must have a passion for the worlds of arts and media, embody exceptional communication skills and have a desire to work collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure the success of each individual program element. The manager will be responsible for overseeing one (1) Marketing Associate.
What You’ll Do in the Role:
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the following in addition to any other project as assigned by their manager, the Director of Communications and Marketing:
- Create and manage individual, data-driven marketing plans and campaigns for BRIC’s event-based programming.
- Work in partnership with the Director to effectively market BRIC’s non-event based programming and institutional voice and messaging
- Monitor, track and report data and analytics while monitoring trends that inform decisions around marketing and resource allocation
- Manage audience surveys and marketing recaps for BRIC key events
- Audit and monitor BRIC’s physical collateral and key event branding. Make suggestions for areas of improvement.
- Ensure website is up-to-date
- Work in partnership with the Social Media Manager to leverage paid and organic social for marketing purposes
- Work in partnership with the Sponsorship team to support sponsor activations aligned with BRIC marketing
- Manage a team of one, ensuring that both day-to-day marketing needs and long-term plans are on track.
- Work on additional projects and initiatives as assigned by the Director
You’ll Bring these Skills and Strengths to the Role:
- Mission & Values Alignment: A passion for BRIC’s support of the arts in Brooklyn and a deep commitment to building community, igniting learning and making change through the arts and creativity.
- Detail Oriented. Demonstrates love for writing, and possesses a strong passion for the power of words. Exhibits exemplary grammar, proofreading, editing and communication skills while being attentive to accuracy.
- Excellent time management: Organized, deadline-driven and adept at managing multiple competing priorities.
- Deep knowledge of the Arts: Can speak about the Arts and communicate effectively with artists, curators and audiences in a language and framework that they understand.
- Experience with data analytics: Utilizes data and metrics to inform strategic decision-making and both long-term and short-term planning.
- Collaborative: Ability to work across departments and teams, synthesizing information and work streams
Other Things to Know:
- Compensation: The annual salary range for this position is $60,000-$65,000.
- Status and location: This is a full-time, exempt role based in our Brooklyn office.
- Benefits: BRIC has a comprehensive benefits package, including: paid time off, 403B retirement plan, gym membership discounts, pre-tax transit cards, medical flexible spending plans and more. BRIC currently pays 100% of the premium for employee medical, dental and vision coverage starting on the first of the month after 2 months of employment.
- Mission & Values: BRIC is committed to building Brooklyn's creative future. We advance opportunities for visual artists, performers, and media makers. We present bold work that reflects diverse audiences and speaks to the world. We ignite learning in people of all ages. We unite Brooklyn through art and creativity to build community and make change.
BRIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot be used as a basis for an employment decision.